Dear GFC patients,
Firstly, thank you for trusting our office with your healthcare needs. We love providing chiropractic care, massage therapy, and clinical nutrition to you and yours, so that you can stay your healthiest!
With covid-19 literally taking over all sources of tv, radio, and internet, we are choosing to take this time to emphasize the importance of maintaining health and minimizing the fear surrounding this pandemic.
The single most important thing that we can do is to help boost our immune system. Sustaining healthy habits have been proven to support our immunity to help prepare our body to better fight off and recover from any immune challenge we may come into contact with.
Immune boosting activities that we at GFC suggest:
- Get adjusted! Staying well adjusted helps your nervous system work at its greatest potential, thus allowing the proper nerve signaling to the immune system, so that it can work quicker and be more resilient.
- Take your supplements! Giving your body the adequate nutrition to help support the immune system is vital. We recommend: Any immune boosting support (Cataplex A-C-P, Immuplex, Congaplex, Echinacea; to just name a view), in addition to Vitamin D, Calcium, and a great multivitamin. If you’d like to know exactly which supplement could help you, please stop in and have one of our doctors do a Nutritional Response Test. We can test your body to narrow down which supplement is going to help you the greatest.
- Get adequate sleep!!! Research states that we should all be aiming to get 7-8 hours of sleep per night. We do 70% of our healing when we sleep, so this is a vital time for our body to recharge, re-energize,and keep our immune system healthy.
- Exercise- 20 minutes of low to moderate exercise per day is a perfect goal to have in order to keep your immune system in tip top shape.
- Eat nutrient-rich, whole foods, packed with great vitamins and minerals. Limit refined sugar and alcohol.
- Give yourself some “me time” to help reduce stress. That may include yoga, meditation, or massage. (GFC has some incredible massage therapists that would love to help with this :))
- Limit stress!!!! Stress can completely deplete our immunity. (have you ever wondered why so many students get sick during exam week??). If your body needs help processing stress better, there are some incredible supplements to help with you that we can recommend.
In addition to boosting our immune systems, it is equally as important to practice proper hygiene:
- Wash your hands!!! Think that you’ve washed them enough today? Wash again. Wash them every time you get home, any time you use the restroom, before you eat, after you have been in a public place touching door handles; etc. Washing with soap and water is far more effective than hand sanitizer, so stick with the basics on this one.
- Cover your mouth/nose if you are coughing/sneezing. Use a tissue. And please after coughing or sneezing WASH THOSE HANDS.
- Avoid touching your face with your hands. Don’t rub your eyes or touch your nose/mouth. These are all portals of entry for a virus.
- Clean your cell phone on a regular basis.
- Deep clean your surroundings – both at home and your office.
- If you feel sick, do the right thing. If you have cold or flu-like symptoms, please stay home. It is vital to limit exposure, so that we can decrease the spread of this illness. If you believe that you have coronavirus, please contact your healthcare provider.
The CDC has estimated that about 80% of those affected by covid-19 experience only mild symptoms.
GFC will continue to operate and take care of our patients. It is our largest goal to, again, emphasize health maintenance and limit fear.
Take care of yourself and keep that immune system boosted to the best of your ability.
Dr. Monica and the rest of the GFC staff