Jamie’s career started with working in the Medical Field for a Home IV Therapy Company for 13 years. She worked with Physicians, Nursing agencies and Insurance Companies setting up and organizing therapies and care for patients at home which is where she learned how Western Medicine works with illnesses and various disease states. Then she was presented with an opportunity to work with Alternative Therapies at a holistic care facility, opening a new world and direction with a holistic approach helping individuals heal from a mind, body and spiritual stand point.
Jamie then began researching ways to incorporate western and alternative therapies. When her mother fell ill with lung cancer, not only did these therapeutic approaches prolong her mother’s life, but also improved her quality of life. Her gift of natural empathy led her to begin studying about energy and how it affects the body, the chakra systems, Reiki, and CranioSacral Therapy (CST).
Jamie is a Reiki Master and her other certifications include, CST Level I and II, Somato Emotional Release (SER) with Mouthwork, Babies and Children, and Touching The Brain.
* Reiki is a visualization and manipulation of the body’s energy flow by laying hands on a specific area.
* CST uses hands on therapy to balance the central nervous system from the head to the tailbone. It is a gentle method of finding and correcting deep tension, restrictions and imbalances in the Cranial System.
* Somato Emotional Release (SER) is the expression of emotion that has been retained, suppressed or isolated within the body, for reasons deemed appropriate by the nonconscious. The body stuffs emotions away until you are ready to release in a specific area.
*Using CST with Mouthwork helps with TMJ, braces and orthodontic issues such as tightness, headaches, and pain caused from these issues.
* CST for Pediatrics helps calm the nervous system, reduce a fever, increase immune function and so on. Different areas of the body can be over extended, stuck or jammed from the birthing process.
* CST – Touching the Brain. Stimulating self-correction through the Glial Interface. The glial cells make up 90% of the brain. These cells create a system similar to the lymphatic system in the body: cleaning and cleansing the brain of waste and toxic materials to keep the brain healthy.
*Raindrop Therapy – dropping essential oils like raindrops along the spine. Many forms of back problems are caused by muscle tension, and toxins that build up in the tight spots that cause discomfort and inflammation.
*Other certifications include: Medical Intuitive Level I and II, Ear Candling and use of Essential Oils.
CranioSacral Therapies can be used in conjunction with other therapies such as chiropractic, massage therapy, physical therapy, counseling and modern medicine.
It is Jamie’s goal as a CranioSacral Therapist to address wellness; reintegrating mind, body and spirit to restore natural balance and harmony in the lives of everyone she touches utilizing a holistic approach and sharing what she learns with others.